Happy Sunny Sunday!!!!
The weather the past few days has been so nice, and I guess we better enjoy it because more rain is forecasted for the end of the week. Yesterday while our daughter was at a friend's bat mitzvah, we took a walk through the Presidio and down Chestnut street and then up the hill into Pac Heights and then back over to Laurel Heights via the Lyon Street Steps. It was so beautiful and relaxing and warm and it was a great way to start the day.
I'm always food shopping for work & for regular life so I thought I'd share some of my favorite items from Trader Joe's (TJ's) since that's the store I frequent the most. Here are just a few of my faves:
* pink grapefruit marmalade - this is new and oh so delicious - I just love anything grapefruit tasting (or scented for that matter)
* riced broccoli - we all know how riced cauliflower is all the rage right now but this is better - I mix it with regular rice and then turn it into fried rice and it's very tasty & healthy
* watercress - this is a fairly recent item that my friend Caitlin told me she was really into and then I bought it and now I add it to everything - it's the new kale because apparently it's even better for you than kale - what??? - try it in a green goddess dressing as an herb substitute or on top of sandwich instead of lettuce or in a salad
* crispy crunchy mochi rice nuggets - i don't know what to say except that they are addictive and if you like crispy crunchy snacks you must try these - they will change your life
* dukkah - this is not a misspelling - it sounds kinda funny but let's get really honest about dukkah for a minute - it's amazing - it's an Egyptian inspired blend of nuts, seeds & spices - throw it on everything - dips, roasted veggies, grilled chicken, in olive oil for dipping bread - I'm obsessed
Have a great week and let me cook for you!